What is the Eagles Boys Academy Program ?
The Eagles Academy Program (EAP) is a program designed by our accredited technical staff aimed at providing ambitious U9 -U12 players who are not selected for the FQ Academy (SAP) teams an option to be coached and to play at the highest level they can. By continuing to develop further skills and technical understanding players may be able to compete for FQ Academy positions should they wish to at a later date in their football journey. Southside Eagles is proud of the number of players who have been promoted from our development program into elite teams locally, nationally and internationally.
The program is a modified version of the FQ Academy training program implemented under the watchful guidance of the clubs technical staff and teaches the clubs playing style and philosophy. The hope is that as players grow and develop they will have a sound understanding of the clubs football principals and be able to transition into elite level competition easily should they be selected at a later date.
Eagles Academy teams usually play at the highest level of the community competition available at the club in that particular age group, this would typically be as follows:
- U9/10/11 Kangaroos Hub
- U12 Metro Youth League or Div 1
- Both boys and girls can be selected for the program
- The Team Coach will usually be a qualified/paid club coach.
- The Coach will undertake all training sessions and manage the team on game days.
- The Club will mentor the Coaches on club playing style and philosophy to improve coaching knowledge
- Each team will also need a Volunteer Team Manager to coordinate teams during the season
- Each team will be supplied training equipment (balls, field markers, bibs).
- Each team will be supplied with team playing shirts
- Each player must purchase their own shorts/socks/shin pads/boots, these can be purchased from the club uniform shop.
- Players will receive a FREE training shirt and an end of season trophy
- All competition referee fees are included in the registration fees.
- Games are played on Saturday mornings either at Memorial Park or at other Brisbane clubs.
- Training will be twice a week on weekday afternoons between 4.00 – 6.30pm.
- Training will be held at Memorial Park or Balmoral SHS
- The Season will commence Mid-March
- Trials for the Eagles Academy teams are held in January/February