What is Eagles Girls Academy Program?
The Southside Eagles Girls Academy Program is a program designed by our accredited technical staff aimed at providing ambitious U9 – U12 girls players an option to be coached and to play at the highest Miniroos Metro level they can. Players selected in the in the U9 – 12 Academy teams will typically play up an age group with the aim of challenging those players who have excelled within their age group both physically and technically. i.e the U10 Academy team will play in the U11 girls competition, the U12 Academy team will play in Metro Girls Div 1.
The Girls Academy program is based on the FQ Academy (SAP) curriculum and is implemented under the watchful guidance of the clubs technical staff.
Should you wish to attend trials you can register an expression of interest once trials are announced, typically in early-mid January.
- The Team Coach will usually be a qualified/paid club coach.
- The Coach will undertake all training sessions and manage the team on game days.
- The Club will mentor the Coaches on club playing style and philosophy to improve coaching knowledge
- Each team will also need a Volunteer Team Manager to coordinate teams during the season
- Each team will be supplied training equipment (balls, field markers, bibs).
- Each team will be supplied with team playing shirts
- Each player must purchase their own shorts/socks/shin pads/boots, these can be purchased from the club uniform shop.
- Games are played on Saturday mornings either at Memorial Park or at other Brisbane clubs.
- Training will be twice a week on weekday afternoons between 4.00 – 6.30pm.
- Training will be held at Memorial Park or Balmoral SHS
- Players will receive a FREE training shirt and an end of season trophy
- All competition referee fees are included in the registration fees.
- Preseason games commences Mid-March
- Competition games start the post easter break
- Trials for the Eagles Academy teams are held in January/February