What the Fees Cover
Please note that membership fees cover a vast array of items to ensure the club is able to provide and maintain the necessary infrastructure to ensure each player, their family and supporters have a safe and enjoyable season.
The membership fee includes the following items:
- National Registration Fee (FFA), State Registration Fee (FQ) and Insurance.
- Football Brisbane Registration Fee
- Football Queensland - Team coach Registration Fee
- Football Queensland - Small Sided Games Team Leader Registration Fee
- Team nomination fees
- Administration and maintenance costs - Southside Eagles club house and canteen
- Buildings and contents insurance (club house, groundskeeper shed and canteen)
- Electricity for club house/canteen and training/match lights on Memorial Park
- Council Rates/Fees
- Trophy and Presentation Day activities
- Ground maintenance - weed eradication, aerating, mowing, top soil
- Groundsperson - erect nets for game day, marking of corner lines etc.
- Ground Official for Saturday morning games.
- First Aid and Sports trainer courses
- Grassroots/Junior/Senior coaching licences.
- Socks and extras to each registered player
- Maintenance and purchasing of coaching/playing equipment (cones, bibs, portable goals, ladders, pump, line marking machine, nets, corner posts, whistles, linesman flags)
- Playing jerseys, Manager and Coaches club shirts
- Junior and Senior Director of Coaching fees
- Club Website
This list is not exhaustive.
For children playing in U6 to U11, please note that the membership fee is also inclusive of all game fees. Whilst some other clubs still charge a lower annual fee, those clubs then ask team managers each week of the season to collect game fees (weekly game fees can vary from $5 to $10, and so over an 18 week season can total between $90 to $180). In 2005, the club received significant member support to incorporate the weekly game fees into the annual membership fee.
For competition players (U12 to seniors), please click here for extra weekly competition costs.