Codes of Conduct
Southside Eagles is a community based club which fosters the true spirit of sport. The Club requires players, coaches and managers and family members to lead by example. The following codes of conduct assist in providing clear guidance on how this can be achieved.
Please click below for the following codes of conduct:
The Club requests all players, coaches, managers and families familiarise themselves with the relevant code of conduct.
Being a captain of a Southside Eagles team is always an honour from your teammates and coach. It brings with it the responsibility to display leadership and ensure the match is played in the true spirit of sportsmanship. Remember these key points:
- the captain represents the team and the entire Club
- greet the officials and opposition captain, attending to the "coin toss" and taking referee instructions prior to the commencement of the game
- act as the on field team representative and take direction when required from the referee and provide guidance to players concerning referee instructions/decisions both before and during the game
- act as the team role model through the use of sportsperson like behavior with respect to opposing players
- support the ground official with any player or spectator behavioural issues.
Please note that the most important quality is to act promptly at the time to resolve the matter and avoid it escalating any further. Often, many issues arise due to a simple misunderstanding of the rules or procedures that can be readily resolved to the satisfaction of all parties concerned by a discussion at the time between the coaches and/or managers.